Some random thoughts

It has been a while since I have posted something. I was quite busy for the last few weeks and did not get much time to spend on the blog. Meanwhile, I was reading a book by Nisargadatta Maharaj on the eternal.

I was reading and then thinking through who am I? When and where did this I came into existence. I dont know the answer. The more I think about this, the more I realize that I am different from the stories going on. " I am" is the feeling that is present all the time. During the waking and dreaming states. But after "I am" every other feeling or thought that you come across is transitory. It is a play. I am is permanent and that is the first thought that arises when you gets up from sleep. But before "I am", what is the state? Who am I at that state? I cant say that I dont exist. Because such a statement itself make it clear that I exist. But before the "I am" feeling, in what state I exist?

When did this "I am" feeling came into existence? Was it gradual ? Was it at birth? I ponder over the statement that I heard on a CD - "Awareness wakes into consciounsess". Is that true? May be. There is the awareness, when you are sleeping. But no "I" feeling. What happens to the whole world, universe and everything when you go to bed? Someone takes away all that? They are still there somewhere. What happens when we gets up?

Reaching conclusion or having an idea itself is absurd. Because everything you think or feel and or understand is after the "I am" thought. My goal is to understand my state prior to the "I am".

Jai Gurudev

Comments

Popular Posts