Bringing Children to Satsang

Today morning, my wife and I were planning to go to AOL ashram to meet Guruji and attend the satsang. We have asked my daughter to come along. She is 13 years old. Her first reaction was that I am not coming. What do I do there? It is no fun. First tendency as an Indian parent was to yell at her and tell her you must come along. But for a moment a thought passed though my mind. Do I like being forced into something ? Hell no. So after thinking for a moment, I decided to try a different approach. I asked her whether she heard about laser and she answered yes. Then I asked what is laser and why it is very powerful ? She didn't know the answer. I told her that in laser all the photons are moving in the same direction, unlike in other waves where they are scattered. She immediately understood. My next explanation was that Guruji is someone whose mind is clear and focused. Being in his presence, we will be able to get our mind also focused. Like a small piece of iron getting magnetic capability in presence of a big magnet. She immediately understood and has agreed to come to the ashram. Like Guruji says we need to be skillful in bringing people to the path. Skill comes to you when you are aware and present...

Comments

Popular Posts