We are even attached to the Spam!!!

I had a Yahoo email address that I have created a long time ago. I was not regularly using that email account. I have signed into various websites with this account and as a result, have been getting a lot of emails (spam) into this account. Today morning, I was trying to delete all the emails. When I was trying to delete, my mind is keep saying - What if I need the emails. I could clearly see the difficulty in letting go and deleting. I was even attached to my spam emails. Then suddenly this reflection came upon the mind. This is exactly what happened to our minds. We get into this and that and then start getting spam ( really really unwanted impressions). As the nature of our mind is to cling on to whatever we get, it hang on to the spam. However, with the awareness you will be able to understand "Spam" as spam and delete them from your mailbox forever. Once you delete the spam, your mailbox(mind) is clear and can now see things as they are...


One more mistake I was making was not deleting the spam as they arrive. That means, in your path, identify impressions as impressions and remove them on a daily basis so that you are not adding new impressions to your mind. If you are committed on the path of truth, you need to remove all the impressions from your mind. So don't hang onto the spam and delete them on a daily basis. Your Guru(whomever it is) has already given you enough tools. You only need to use them. No need for newer and more tools. All you need is one delete button. Two delete buttons, even though it look fancy, not needed. Additionally, you will get attached to the delete button, rather than using it...

When are you deleting spam from your mail box..ha..ha....

Comments

Faith Lasts said…
heheheh very well put
Jai Gurudev.

Popular Posts