Guru Poornima Part II

Finally, we decided to drive from Seattle to San Francisco. Our daughter normally can not sit in the car for long time. Normally she gets car sick or keep asking as when we are going to get to the destination. But this time around, she was unusually quite. I am really surprised by her behavior. We reached the hotel on Sunday night and checked into the hotel.

The course started next day morning. It started like just another course. My feverishness has come down, however questions still keep coming up. This time around, I am completely aware of the hollow and empty meditations. I don't really know what does it mean. However, I just kept up with the instructions. Satsangs in the evenings where really great. One song particularly went deep inside me was " Guru Kripa Karo, Guru Kripa Karo". I found this song keep coming up from inside.

The course went on. On Thursday evening I wrote a mail to Guruji at around 6:00 PM and asked him a very personal question. The question was very specifically about a subject and I felt that I am 100% committed to that question and then I forgot about the question. Then we went to dinner and at around 8 PM, we were waiting outside the main Satsang hall. There were a lot of people waiting to get into the satsang hall. Due to some unforeseen force, I moved to a corner. There, I found a person selling a book. I did not know who the person was. I just asked him whether he was the author and he said yes. There was another lady, who also bought a copy of the same book. Suddenly I bought a copy and the lady then told me to get it autographed. I did not know who he was and hesitatingly I asked him to autograph my copy. He gently open the book and wrote " Our Guru is the greatest" - Yogadhi. I did not know who is Yogadhi. I kept the book in my wife's bag and we went inside for Satsang.

In the evening, once we got to the room, I opened the book and started reading randomly and there, answer to my questions appeared out of nowhere. It talked about the enlightened beings of very high level, who takes the body merely for the benefit of the manifested universe and his experiences made me suddenly connected to him and Guruji as well. Something was happening in my mind. Every line I read in that book brought me closer to Gurudev. In that night, I could not sleep properly. The song " Guru Kripa karo", keeps coming back to my heart and sometime later I went into sleep. I woke up at 3 AM and I could not sleep. The song was keep coming back to my heart and I meditated for some time. Due to some reason, I have not been going deeper into the meditations. But, I completely accepted that situation.

It was Gurupoorinma. Earlier on thursday, I send another email to Guruji asking him as why he is not talking to me. So I was sitting there waiting for Guruji to arrive. Everytime, I see Gurudev, I am filled with tears and this time around also the same thing happens. However, this time, he stopped by me and asked "Are you happy"? Oh man, I was waiting for this...

Then we went to Gurupoornima satsang and I was enjoying the satsang. So while in the satsang, I saw Rishi Yogadhi Pragya at the other end of the room. I wanted to ask him some questions and thought, if he happened to come close to me, then I will ask the question and then I forgot about that. Satsang got over, everybody went their own way. I was on the hotel lobby and talking to David and Ani and suddenly Yogadhi appeared infront of me as if he just came to answer my question. I could not control my tears - Gurudev is taking care of each step and Yogadhi's words filled my heart with the re-assurance about my spiritual path. And to my question, he clearly directed me as what I should be doing...We find many gurus on our path based on where we stand and Yogadhi was send by Gurudev to guide me at this occasion. And once again, I felt so grateful to have such a wonderful Guru and I immediately send a thank you note to Gurudev. Gurudev, dont need my thankyou note, but I could not prevent myself from doing that..

One humble requests to my friends on the path - Our Guru is the greatest and this is your opportunity to get ahead in spiritual life and realize the oneness with him....

To be continued...

Love

and Jai Gurudev

Comments

Anonymous said…
Beautiful sharing Shyam ! I believe you had similar amazing experiences when you went to the DC Silver Jubilee. Grace unbounded awaits the seeker on this beautiful path of Gurudev!
Nagaraj said…
Amazing. For some reason, I didn't read your post when it came first time, second time on Wed. Today morning, as soon as I opened my e-mail, your link was still there and I read both posts. You have a talent in telling story. Keep sharing. Please do give book(s) name if you do refer and what answer you got (key one, not entire book). That will also help.
Thank you for sharing. Jai Gurudev!!!
Unknown said…
Awesome experiences Shyam! Guruji had mentioned during our July 4 MY2008 that he reads a lot of the emails that he gets. Am sure he would have seen your and taken care.

Popular Posts