Guru Poornima Part III

Some one asked me as what was the book that I mentioned in the prior posting and what were the specific learning. The book is "Secret Journey to The Enlightened Mind" by Dr James Weldon - Rishi Yogadhi Pragya. The Forward to the book is written by our beloved Guruji. This book explains how Guruji has taken him to the depth of oneness with Gurudev and the greatness of Guruji. I dont think I can read more than a few pages. They convey the very depth of our existence.

During the course, I was having a severe backache and I could not even sleep. So on Wednesday morning I put a note in the botherations basket. I was also very worried about the drive back. This is the first time we were driving such a long distance and hence I was concerned. So put both of these botherations in the basket. I put it in @ 8.30 AM on wednesday. When I came back for meditations at 10.00 am, I noticed that my backache disappears the moment I sit in Meditation. When I get out of the meditation hall, the back ache was back. But, it was manageable. Slowly, the concern about driving went away from heart and I felt more relaxed.

Finally the course is over and we stayed for another day at the same Hotel. I wanted to drive via US 101 to see the Oregon cost. This was my wish for quite sometime and Reshmi and I decided that we will drive via 101. On saturday, we went to a water park in San Francisco. Once we got back to the room in the evening, I suddenly started feeling that we should go straight back to Seattle via I-5. This feeling grew strong and on sunday morning we decided to drive back via I-5.

We started from the Hotel around 9.30 Am. We knew that Guruji is at Walnut Creek, one hour drive from SanJose. However we did not know where Guruji is staying or where the Teachers Refresher Meet was. Anyhow, while driving we decided that we will take Walnut Creek exit and look around and see if we could find Gurudev. We spend approx 15-20 minutes, looking for Gurudev. We were thinking Gurudev must be staying with some devotees and we were just driving around the residential areas. However, we could not find any art of living cars or Gurudev. So after 20 minutes or so, we decided to go back. We thought, Guruji knew that we were there and if he wants to meet us, it will happen. Finally, we decided to take I-680. I silently prayed to Gurudev for his blessings.

We got into I-680 and started driving north. After 15 minutes, David called us. We told him that we want to meet Gurudev and whether he knows where Guruji is. David told us that Gurudev is staying at Hotel Marriot, Walnut Creek. We immediately turned back and drove to the hotel. We reached the hotel around 11.30 am. We saw a board mentioning that the art of living program is going on in the B1 level ball room. We went to B1 level and there were some volunteers. However they did not tell anything about Gurudev. Finally I decided that we will sit in front of the elevator. I started meditating and my heart was longing for Gurudev. After around 45 minutes, Reshmi told me that there is no point in waiting and let us go. I told her, let us wait for 15 minutes more. Then suddenly the elevator door opened, Gurudev appeared. He just looked at me and asked " How are you"...I am completely in tears, but I could hear my heart saying, thank you Gurudev. What to say....Gurudev is just amazing and I am full of gratitude for everything he has done for us..

My dear ones (truly you are all part of me and not separate) please commit yourself in the path. That is your journey back home and Gurudev is taking you....

With lots of love

Jai Gurudev
Seeker

Comments

Popular Posts