Attention

One thing that I have been noticing recently is about attention. When we pay attention to our mind, we can see the thoughts and feelings dropping and an awareness of the thoughts and the feelings happening. The more attention you pay, the more calmer the mind becomes and in that calmness you will see an inner silence. It is so simple to feel that inner silence. All you need is to pay close attention and be careful enough so that you wont be fooled by your mind and thoughts. Almost always our attention is on the things - whether physical or mind made and never really to the self. Once you put some effort to focus your attention on yourself, then you will see a silence arising in you. I really don't know what it is. But that silence brings an inner peace, a peaceful state without any conflicts.

Almost always throughout my life I had this inner uneasiness, even when everything was going right for me. Worrying as when things are going to turn upside down. When I started noticing the silence the uneasiness is gradually easing. This uneasiness so subtle that I started realizing more about it after I became aware of the silence. Another way to get this silence is keep listening to the silence. How do you listen to silence? Try this experience. Put your music player in a very high volume for sometime and then suddenly put it off. You will notice a momentary gap in thoughts and a silence. Just pay attention to this silence and you can see the peaceful silence spreading within you also. I don't know what all this means. But one thing I know is that there is a peaceful state, which everyone can attain without much trouble.

May you find your inner peace and be with that always...

Love

Jai Gurudev

Comments

Popular Posts