Being Truthful

I was listening to the Ashtavakra Geetha and the thought about truth came to my mind. Often we commit or tell people that we will do some thing and later when someone ask about it, we will try and give excuses. I realized that almost always these excuses are pure lies. If I am really serious about my path, then I have to be truthful - Really really truthful. Giving justifications, more often that not are lies. Have you thought about this point? If you consider lying as acceptable, then I have nothing to tell you. However my dear friends on the path, being truthful is not an option, but a requirement. Whom are you lying to? Some one else? Your own self?

We often think the end justifies the means. But, that is not the case. In reality there is no tomorrow, only the present. When you look from that perspective, how can the end justify the means? Sometimes people lie, because they don't want to face the situations - Remember the part I knowledge point - accept people and situations as they are. When you have really grown, then you have no issues in telling the truth and accepting the results as it is - without any issues whatsoever.


If you watch your mind, more often than not, you will find that your mind is always trying to find justifications for your actions - I found myself using knowledge for this many a times, till I was able to identify this mental self-justification and distance myself from that. One of the most important thing is to keep a watch on your mind. The more watchful you are, the more clarity you will find about the working of the mind. Sometimes these findings are painful, sometimes the mind will rebel. However once you are able to cut through and see the tantrums of mind, your job is half done.


So take the first step, have courage to be truthful. That will bring you closer to the truth.

Let you have the company of truth always...

Love

Jai Gurudev

Comments

Popular Posts